Sunday, February 15, 2009

End of 1st Trimester

Praise God! Hallelujah! Well, okay I've technically got 2 more weeks but I'm in a celebrating mood.

After having numerous weeks of daily nausea it seems to have receded and allowed me once again to return to church, though nausea is somehow a good sign that your pregnancy is progressing well so maybe that nausea thing wasn't as bad as I made it out to be. At least it was a good indicator, guess prayer and trusting God has a lot more lasting effect spiritually. :-)

On another note, I was recently told by my doctor's office that due to my insurance ending in January I would have to pay out of pocket almost $4,000 by 24 weeks or they would no longer see me. About a week or so ago my doctor's office called to let me know that my insurance was no longer active (really....had no clue!), and that it again was reinforced that I would have to pay them their requested amount by 24 weeks. Well, God blessed us with a couple thousand more than that in severance pay from Chris' previous job and that really was going to be a huge chunk out of our small stash of money. I briefly mentioned to the lady that I knew their office didn't take medicaid (was told they didn't serve "those types of women", before they knew I was signing up for it), but did the hospital itself. I was then assured that the hospital itself took medicaid but not the doctors and yet again, they wanted their cash ASAP. Can you tell money is muy importante to medical people? Anywho, so I just spoke to the Father in confusion as to how we would live without that huge chunk of cash but reaffirmed my knowledge that in Him all things would be worked out. About a minute or so after my moment with the Father, the doctor's office called back letting me know that since I was a current patient that they would allow me to use medicaid to take care of the pregnancy and that I just needed to bring in information on my next visit. So God has really come through with us and allowed that money to stay safe and be used to care for us through Chris' being laid off.

God has continued to be steadfast in providing for our needs. What a Father.

No comments: