Friday, February 13, 2009

Today's Scripture Bite

I woke up this morning and have lately been deeply struggling with the differences in my boys and the sins that they specifically show due to their own personalities. Dominic is a very independent boy but has the tendency towards being indignant when requested to do something and is very "I can do it by myself" geared. John Paul is completely different than Dominic in that he is very much the baby and wants to be held or touched constantly in what seems to be a need for reassurance and safety (I believe this is due to big brother having the tendency to "parent him" and throw down with him on the floor when he doesn't really seem interested). I struggle with both sinful tendencies but this morning woke up with a full realization that I have both of those attitudes towards God but yet I struggle with figuring out how to discipline the boys without taking to anger.

I haven't been able to read scripture in the last few weeks (have been able to at least get in a couple sermons) due to extreme tiredness and nausea, but this morning woke up with a scripture in my head for some reason. Most people should know, for me to remember a verse is quite a feat so I really feel like this scripture came from God. I said to myself, "Okay, what should I read this morning?" and having no clue what the verse actually said simply turned in scripture to find my help.

Ephesians 5:2
And walk in love, as Christ loved us and gave himself up for us, a fragrant offering and sacrifice to God.

As I eagerly wait for God to answer my need for Grace in this time of my life I'm encouraged by the scripture tid bit he brought to me this morning.

1 comment:

SlowBro said...

Where do you think that Scripture came from? It could have only come from your time reading through Ephesians! It paid off :-)

I loved this article and I am grateful to God for you.