Saturday, April 25, 2009

Why I love the farmer's market!

I absolutely love (!!!) being able to go down to the Beaver's Street produce market and pluck fresh produce that was just brought in from the farm the day before. I was able to purchase apples, oranges, bell peppers, new red potatoes, watermelons, onions, cantaloupe, eggplant, tomatoes, new white potatoes and corn from MY COUNTRY! Even better, was the fact that they came from my STATE! Woo Hoo! I brought 10 Watermelons today that was brought up the day before from Immokalee Florida, for only $4.50 a piece. Now, these are some honkin' watermelons, cost $4.50 each, are grown not only in my COUNTRY, but are grown in my state and are only trucked the short distance from Immokalee to Jacksonville. These things aren't trucked from Honduras or Mexico, but from my own state. How could you not appreciate produce grown by your own people, in your own state, in your own country?

Even in these economic times we are truly blessed with the bounty that our own people are capable of growing. What a great God we have, that even through our toiling in the soil and being at the hands of crazy temperatures, our soil is still able to bear much produce for the mouth's of our children.

No comments: