Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Every husband should take a week off..

My husband decided to take a week off so that he can catch up on his huge to-do list and I think I'm truly getting spoiled having someone else around the house to help take care of the kiddies. It's nice to be free to go when I need to and not worry about preparing snacks, drinks and undies (or diapers) for three children. I must confess there's probably a bit of selfishness there but hey, it really is nice to have help. And on top of that, one of my most trusted helpers!

Today Chris got to babysit Shiloh (aka the woobie!) while I took the testosterone twins to their occupational therapy. Dominic is still expected to be there for another 14 weeks at one visit a week but we did get some awe-mazing news from Mrs. Beth the therapist. We had originally thought John Paul had severe Sensory Integration Dysfunction only to be told today that in fact he is frustrated because he isn't being stimulated enough and is actually advanced in many areas. What a mind blow that was! She told us that he has some skills that a 4-5 year old child usually has and that she has no need for a follow up visit. Oh my gosh! What a blessing from God to find out that our kid not only doesn't have SID but that he's actually advanced. Woo Hoo! So now comes my part of having to work hard to find things for him to do. I must confess that I'm tempted to put the little booger in school; Mrs. Beth even gave us the go ahead if we wanted to!

Tomorrow will be another busy day! I need to take Shiloh to the physical therapist so that she can get assessed to see how she is progressing after one week with her homemade "hip helper". She has finally started eating from a spoon so maybe within the next week or so she will finally make the big transition to sitting upright and crawling around on the floor. Oh, and Grandma is coming into town so don't you know the boys will be just tickled! While G'ma is here Chris has plans for us to have a small date and then we are heading over to our old house to do some serious house cleaning. Our plan is to repack, toss, recycle, sell and/or donate as much junk as we can! God will have to give us an extra measure of energy tomorrow to get through all our obstacles.

Signing off for now - here's hoping your tomorrow is less crazy than mine! :-)

No comments: