Monday, July 5, 2010

This Momentary Marriage

I believe this was one of the books that I either requested or it came as part of a John piper set and it has been one of the most profound books to help root out my sinful nature. When Chris & I got married we truly were without a clue and our marriage and covenant to God was in danger. With Chris, his parents were separated and even though he walked the walk and talked the talk, he was far from serving the Lord. I've survived rape, molestation, mental and physical abuse and all of that carried over into a marriage all while believing that my past really was just that, my past.

If Chris and I had this book when we first started out we might have cut through all the crap and been able to get down and honest with each other struggles and strengths. I've actually recommended this to another couple whose struggling with some serious issues in their marriage and hope it will effect them the same way it effected Chris & I.

Again, it's a wonderful book and even has a section on singles so anyone preparing for marriage would find this helpful.

No comments: